There’s no doubt that anyone, who follows the 90-day diet, prefers the carbohydrate day at most. And the reasons for such a preference are numerous. Well, first of all, the food products, which are allowed for this day, are quite various and enough to let you make different improvisations in your culinary adventures. On the other side, though, the carbs are in many cases our favorite foods. The fact that there’s such a day in the 90-day diet speaks of itself. The carbs day is a proof that this food regime does not include too many limits and privations, but on the contrary – it’s kind of liberal even to people who love eating more caloric foods and meals.
Here are the top important facts about the carbohydrate day you should be aware of before starting the Rina’s 90 day diet:
- Please, have in mind that the Carbs day is the third main day within the 90-day diet. We remind you that the first day is the protein day, while on the second day you eat starches. Right after the starch day the carbohydrate day comes.
- Although it’s a Carbs day, you cannot eat carbohydrates round the whole day. You must be already aware that according to the basic rules in the 90-day diet, the breakfast should be always the same for you – fruits. In other words, no matter which day it is, you have fruits for breakfast, excluding the water day during which you are supposed to drink only water or at least to consume fruit / vegetarian juice.
- Don’t go too far with carbohydrate nutrition regardless the fact you are allowed to eat carbs today. Indeed, you have more options to choose from within this day, but it doesn’t mean you should overeat. The dietologists recommend counting on the quality, but not on the quantity of the food. Moreover – you should better eat several different food types, but in small portions. It’s well-known that if a person consumes more carbohydrates than his or her body can process, they all turn into fats that put more weight.
- The Carbs day is, as a matter of fact, a vegetarian day. It’s recommended for you to stick to a meat-free diet, which also excludes dairy products. Same goes for the eggs, by the way.
- And here’s the coolest news the Carbs day comes with – you are actually allowed to have something sweet and desserts on this day. It’s a curious fact that most specialists in the sphere of the 90-day diet recommend you to have something sweet in the evenings.
Example for carbohydrate day menu
Let us now look inside the Carbs day from the 90-day diet with more details. First of all, let’s start with the breakfast. As we have already mentioned it, according to the tradition, you should have fruits – no limits for the quantity, but make sure it’s only one type of fruit. The lunch is usually made of flour.
However, don’t forget that you shouldn’t add any eggs, meat or dairy products. You can, for instance, have some pasta with vegetables, pizza with tomato sauce, cereals or semolina, pancakes with mushrooms, garlic bread, couscous or salty pastries. It’s allowed to have something sweet for a dinner – for example, ice-cream, cake, pumpkin roll, noodles with berries, round loaf, honey roll, muffins and even a slice of bread with chocolate!
Great recipes for your Carbs day to try
Let us now offer you our top 3 hot pick-ups for a recipe to test during the carbohydrate day within your tasty, healthy and efficient 90-day diet!
Colorful vegetable couscous challenge
What do you need? – 100 grams of couscous, fresh spices (basil, coriander, garlic, green and yellow onions), 2-3 peeled carrots, 2 red peppers, 2 pink tomatoes, a bit live oil and seasoning products – black pepper, salt and cumin.
How to prepare the dish? – First of all, stew the fresh spices with the olive oil till you wait the couscous to swell in 100 ml of boiling water. Then, add the slices of all the vegetables to the fresh spices and wait for the veggies to soften. Last, but not least, put the couscous to the rest ingredients.
What do you need? – 1 kilo of spinach, 100 grams of ground nuts, 2 yellow onions, 20 ml olive oil, black and red pepper, salt
How to prepare the dish? – Mix all the ingredients and make some dough. Leave it aside for an hour. Then, make small balls from the dough and put them to bake for half an hour in a preheated oven at 150 degree.
What do you need? – 2 cups of flour, one handful of dried fruits, 4 soup spoons of honey, 30 ml olive oil, ground nuts, 1 spoon of cacao, 1 baking powder, vanilla powder and cinnamon if you want.
How to prepare the dish? – Warm 200 ml of water with one 1 cup of sugar and then, add the honey. Then, stir vigorously till it smoothens. Once the mixture cools off, add the rest of the ingredients and mix with the mixer. Bake the whole mixture in preheated oven at 200 degree. Last, but not least, sprinkle some nuts.